If you haven’t realized it already, you will soon enough. Self-managing a rental property (or two or three) can be a major hassle. After all, there’s a lot that needs doing. From tenant screening to property inspections, maintenance to rent collection, it will seem as though the job is never-ending.
And you will be right.
Investing in real estate opens up a lot of opportunities for you to grow your wealth. But if you value your time as much as your money, it’s likely you’ll ask yourself at some point: Where can I find a property management company near me?
Today we’re going to show you how to find nearby property management companies. This way, you can take a load off and still enjoy the benefits of owning a Phoenix, AZ rental property.
Finding a Property Management Company Near Me
There are so many property management companies in Phoenix, AZ it can be challenging to find the right one. In fact, Phoenix is one of the country’s top metro areas where property managers are located.
That’s said, we’ve rounded up some of the best tips for finding a qualified property management company near you. As a result, you’ll be able to make a quick and informed decision.
1. Ask Around for Referrals
Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find out the truth about any business you want to work with. This is especially true when it comes to finding a property manager to handle your rental property.
There are plenty of trustworthy people you can ask when trying to find a property management company in Phoenix:
- Real estate professionals such as tax preparers or real estate lawyers
- Fellow landlords in the area that use a property manager
- People you network with at conventions, conferences, and Meetup Groups
- Reputable real estate agents in the industry
- Your investment partner
Of course, you can ask your friends and family for referrals too. Just be careful to make sure their opinions aren’t too emotionally charged. Even if you hear that a property management company is less than stellar, do your due diligence. Then, decide for yourself.
2. Talk to Local Renters
While asking your network of real estate professionals for advice is also a good idea, so is going directly to the source.
If you have access to local tenants, try talking to them about their property managers. After all, tenants are going to have the most contact with property managers. And what they have to say will lend insight into the type of company the property manager represents.
Here are some things you can ask local renters to get the conversation started:
- Will you renew your lease at the end of the lease term and why?
- Have you ever needed to talk to the property owner?
- How are maintenance and repair requests handled?
- How friendly is the property manager?
- Have you ever had any issues with the administrative staff?
Finding out firsthand whether a property manager is good or not is a great way to guide your search. Even if you don’t find the perfect property manager right away, you’ll at least be able to narrow down the search.
3. Take Your Research Online
The next best step when trying to find a high-quality property manager near you is to take your research online. Here, you’ll be able to vet those that have already made your list of possibilities. Also, you’ll be able to find new options.
The internet is a big place, so try checking out these places during your search:
- Review Websites: Reviews found on review sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Zillow can be very helpful. Here, you’ll be able to read reviews about property management companies made by previous landlords and tenants. Keep in mind though, reviews shouldn’t be the end-all when it comes to making a decision.
- Testimonial Websites: You can look into testimonial websites such as Glassdoor.com. Here, both current and past employees have a chance to leave testimonials revealing what it was like to work for the property management company you’re looking to hire. How a company treats its employees says a lot about that company, so take these testimonials seriously.
Lastly, you can always visit official property management websites for more information. An experienced and well-established property management company will always have an updated website that’s fully transparent.
Here is the type of information you should be on the lookout for:
- Full list of property management services
- Areas they serve
- Management fees, special discounts, and guarantees
- Contact information
- Property owner and tenant portals
- Blog section with useful information
- Testimonials from satisfied property owners and tenants
Remember, any property management company worth investing in will make things as hassle-free for you as possible. This includes providing key information and an easy way of getting in touch so you can hire them.
4. Visit Their Properties
On-site visits to properties that are currently being managed by a property management company you’re considering is a great move. In fact, you’ll be able to get a good first impression the moment you arrive at a property to check it out.
Take note of things such as the condition of the front yard. And don’t forget to look at the exterior structure of the property. Doing this will help you form a positive or negative opinion about how the property is being managed. Trash in the front yard, broken rain gutters, or overgrown landscaping mean the property manager either doesn’t care or doesn’t perform enough property inspections.
You want the person managing your rental property to care about it as though it were their own. It’s not just the tenants that should care for your property, but your property manager as well.
5. View Online Advertisements
Vacancies are something all property owners have to deal with. However, it’s not a matter of when a vacancy will occur, but how a vacancy is handled that makes a difference in your success as a landlord.
When you entrust a property management company to manage your property, part of their job is advertising your property as available when it’s unoccupied. That’s why looking for online ads created by the property management company you want to use is a good idea. When you do, you’ll see just how much effort they put into promoting vacancies. For example, you’ll be able to read property descriptions, view photographs, and see whether getting in contact with the property is easy or not.
Looking for qualified property management companies near you? Then contact us today and see how we can make owning a rental property a stress-free and enjoyable process.
At Real Property Management Phoenix Valley, we are the difference when it comes to local property management companies. Thanks to aggressive, targeted marketing techniques, thorough tenant screening, and dedicated managers working hard to boost your ROI and maintain tenant satisfaction, we have you covered. Whether you’re just starting out with your first rental property, or have a growing portfolio, the property managers at Real Property Management Phoenix Valley know what it takes to put your mind at ease and get the job done right, every single time.